Kirtland Aquatic Club offers a swimming program for adults interested in competitive swimming. Membership privileges include access to the KAFB indoor pool and USA Swimming Certified Coaches during designated practice times.
- Coached Sessions – Monday, Tuesday & Thursday 6:30 – 8 pm
- Lap Swimming – Wednesday, Friday 6:30 – 8 pm & Saturday 9 – 10:30 am
- Monthly rate: $35
- Annual (Active Military, or members who already possess a base pool use card): $140
- Annual (Includes annual base pool use card): $280
Kirtland Aquatic Club requires all swimmers to be registered as either USA Swimming Athletes, or as US Masters Athletes. Each membership is described below.
US Masters Swimming Registration
The 2005 US Masters registration is $30 and permits all the benefits of US Masters Membership including the ability to compete in US Masters sanctioned swim meets. Such meets are only open to swimmers 18 years or older and typically include a number of different adult age groups.
- New Mexico Masters – http://www.zianet.com/pdjang/nmms/
- US Masters – http://www.usms.org/
- kacswim – http://www.kacswim.com/
USA Swimming Registration
The 2005 USA Swimming registration fee is $51 and permits all the benefits of USA Swimming membership including the ability to compete in USA Swimming sanctioned swim meets. Such meets are typically geared towards swimmers less than 18 years of age but are not exclusive. KAC has a number of swimmers over the age of 18 who compete in USA Swimming meets in the “Open” events category (typically, 15 and Over).